Monday, September 12, 2011

Shadow Lake Forest Fire

Every year there seems to be a forest fire in the Cascade mountains, and usually pretty close to Sisters (my home) This year its the "Shadow Lake Forest Fire" (I've never heard of Shadow Lake) just south of Suttle Lake, and visible from Highway 20. A stretch of road I drive a lot, maybe too much. The last few times I have driven it there have been some great photos to take.

Basically all these photos were taken using either my 300mm f2.8 or my 70-200mm f2.8 with various camera bodies. They were also all shot from the same viewpoint on the highway with the exception of one photo taken from my car as I drove around Hog Rock using my Sigma 8-16mm lens.










This shot may not be a photo of the fire but it is a shot of what the smoke creates during a sunset in Central Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment