Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bend Elks Win Home Opener

Last night the Bend Elks started off their first home series of the season with a win defeating the Corvallis Knights 3-2 in 12 innings. I left at the end of the 10th because it was cold, and I had watched the Elks leave 3 men stranded without scoring twice. It was a little frustrating to watch. The rest of the evening was great and I think the photo of the pre-game ceremonies turned out pretty good.


Since this was the first game of the season I don't know any of the players so when I take photos like this they are usually just because I am looking for photos that capture the atmosphere of the evening and game.

 In the past I have had a hard time taking interesting photos of pre-game ceremonies at Vince Genna Stadium because the sun is usually setting creating a very severe back light. This year I am shooting RAW though so it helps a little save photos a little bit.

 During the 7th inning stretch the Bend Elks continued their ceremonies honoring the veterans of WWII.


 Here Bob Maxwell, one of only 15 living WWII medal of honor recipients still alive and the only one living in Oregon, has his medal tied on him by the owner of the Bend Elks, Jim Richards.

 While I was shooting the game from far down the 3rd base line I saw a veteran walking through the crowd and thought it would make a cool photo.

 This is a pretty typical site at an Elks game. There is a reason Bend set a new record for season attendance numbers a couple of years ago.

 Sometime in the middle of the game I walked up to the top of the stands looking for a different angle and ended up with a cool photo of a pretty standard bunt.



These next photos are from tonight's game. The Elks didn't play as well tonight and lost 7-0. I only had 60ish photos to look through and edit which usually tells me there was not a lot to photograph. 










1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Ethan..I love the bunt and dust burst,,
    Great timing!!!!!!!
    UncleNeil

    ReplyDelete