Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First $2 Tuesday Of The Summer

Every Tuesday throughout the season is $2 Tuesday at Vince Genna Stadium. Basically everything is $2 from the ticket to get into the game to the food and drinks, this means that the crowds should be pretty big. I forgot my wide-angle lens so I didn't get a shot of this... very disappointing. Oh well, can't get it right every time. I did get 2 shots that I really liked so I feel like I made up for that little mistake.

Here is my attempt at capturing the large crowd tonight. I know, it was a pretty pathetic attempt.

 This is the only baseball park I have been to where 90 percent of the spectator areas have a fence separating the fans from the field. With so much fencing I end up having to shoot through it a lot. While I can open up the aperture and blur it out I still end up with these weird checkered patterns in the background. Sometimes cool, but mostly annoying.


This was going to just be a shot of the Bend player diving back to first with a lot of dust and dirt flying around, but when the first basemen missed the ball the photo ended up much more interesting. I love it when the unexpected makes a photo better.
 This was my other favorite from the night, a great double play shot with some cool backlighting.







No comments:

Post a Comment