Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gary Payton Pays A Visit


Its always cool to see some of the OSU greats come back to Corvallis to talk with current teams. Last year I had a chance to see Steven Jackson of the St. louis Rams along with a few other current NFL players during the lockout. But I have never really been the kind of person to get excited about meeting these athletes. Instead I'm much more interested in getting to see the action that goes on behind the scenes.
On Saturday I got to shoot the pre-game speech that Gary Payton gave to the basketball team and I got to sit in on a little of coach Craig Robinson talking with the team about their game plan in their lockeroom. I found this far more interesting because sometimes I forget how much work a preparation goes into each game. How much time the coaches must spend trying to find a way to break down their opposing team and how important every practice is leading up to the next game. Its pretty impressive to me. 










No comments:

Post a Comment