Sunday, January 15, 2012

Swimming & Speedlites


After five years of shooting swimming I finally got smart and used an off camera flash during Oregon State's swim meet today. I set up a light stand in the corner of the pool with two canon 430EX Speedlites and triggered them using my RadioPoppers. I love this set up, and although the photos may not be outstanding they are a big improvement over my past attempts. I think by the next meet I'll have this figured out and looking pretty damn sharp.





 


3 comments:

  1. I think they already look pretty damn sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos!My fave is Warman in the breast stroke. The names on the caps sure make it easy to identify the athletes Did you you have any issues with the meet organizers about using the strobes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I asked the organizers and they didn't have a problem with it. They just gave me the usually lecture about not using any kind of flash during the start of the race, but I kind of expected that.

    ReplyDelete