Monday, June 11, 2012

Portland Timbers Internship Part Two




As of right now it looks like my internship with the Portland Timbers Football Club is coming to an end in the next few weeks because I'm moving back to central Oregon for the summer and I'm not sure how much driving to Portland I want to do. I've learned a lot and managed to take a few images that I think I will be able to keep in a portfolio of some kind for a while. 

Whether I am done or not at the end of the month I can safely say that the most important lesson I learned is that photos of game action pale in comparison to photos that show the emotion and atmosphere of the event. I have always known this but when you are forced to look for new ways of showing essentially the same story every game you end up noticing the little details and find unique ways for photographing them. 

Hopefully I will be able to continue through the summer and maybe the end of the season but if that doesn't pan out no big deal. It was fun and totally worth the long hours. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment