Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Everything You've Got

(GoPro Camera) 5mm, f3.6, 1/622, iso100

(Remote Camera) Canon 7D, 8mm, 1/800, f5.6, iso100

If yesterday's post was about using the bare minimum in just one lens and one camera then today's post is about throwing everything you've got at your disposal at an event. This morning I drove up to the top of the McKenzie Pass where the Cascade Cycling Classic held its first stage. Knowing that I would only see them go by one time I wanted to make the most out of their passing by as I could. So I set up a remote camera (Canon 7D) on one of the turns then took my gopro and main camera (Canon 1D MarkIII) to another location overlooking the area. The racers passed by in just a matter of seconds but I was able to walk away with three different looking photos in that time. I would have liked to set the gopro up and been able shoot from a third location with the Mark III but the terrain just didn't allow for it.
(main camera) Canon 1D Mark III, 70mm, f4, 1/2000, iso100
After the racers passed I shaped a few random shots of the stragglers. 









No comments:

Post a Comment