Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One Lens and One Camera




I'm a big cycling fan so every year when cyclists from around the country/world roll into Bend for the Cascade Cycling Classic I try to catch some of the action. Tonight was the prologue which is just a time-trial around a very short course (about 2 miles) to find a leader for the first stage of the multi-day race. Being a bit lazy and not wanting to carry around two cameras or a bag with different lenses I decided to limit myself to one lens and one camera. I figured that it would force me to look for different angles. I think it went well considering I only shoot cycling like one day out of the year. I limited myself to my 300mm f2.8 and Canon 1D Mark III. With the course being made up of long strait-ish roads and nothing more than bushes as the surrounding landscape it made for a fun challenge. Here are a few of my favorites from the night.










No comments:

Post a Comment