Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Portland Timbers Internship: Final Post


It's all over. I shot my last Portland Timbers game as an intern last weekend. I've learned a lot about editing and organizing my photo shoots, met some great people, and figured out some things about my technique that will help me down the road.


Along with this being the last Timbers game I shoot as an intern this also marks the last time I will shoot for someone for free. I'm tried of unpaid internships and jobs that I have done over the past few years because I was looking for "experience." I've been phasing this out for a while but I really wanted some experience at the professional level of sports and this was a really easy way of getting it.

As I left the stadium Saturday night, Craig, my boss/mentor, asked me what my plans are for my photography. Honestly I don't really know. I have ideas of what I want to do with my photo taking skills but I can't nail down exactly how to go about accomplishing any of them. I've been thinking about this for a while though and with only one year of college left I'm finally getting my act together. As I write this post I'm also working of getting my own photo business going. If it's successful then great and if it isn't for a while then I can keep working on it. Which is probably a good thing since I'm not really sure what direction I want to go.




























No comments:

Post a Comment